WSET招聘 | 岗位扩招
2023 年 02 月 13 日
葡萄酒与烈酒教育基金会Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) 是一家国际性、非盈利且享誉全球的葡萄酒、烈酒与清酒资格认证课程提供机构。我们的总部位于伦敦，在亚洲、美国设有分公司，并在中国上海开设了全新代表处。我们的课程是通过遍布70多个国家和地区、由800多个合作伙伴组成的网络提供的。
应中国大陆业务发展需求，我们将公开招募1名新成员加入我们的业务发展部门，以支持我们在中国大陆的持续发展。如果您认为持续学习和发展是成就未来的关键，并希望成为WSET 在中国蓬勃发展的一份子，敬请通过邮件联系chinajobs@wsetglobal.com 发给我们简历并索取职位申请表，邮件和申请需以英文提交。
The Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) is an international, not-for-profit organization which is the world’s leading provider of qualifications in wine, spirits and sake. Our headquarters are in London with subsidiary companies in Asia, the USA and a newly opened representative office in Shanghai, China. Our qualifications are offered via a network of over 800 APPs in over 70 countries.
Following a review of the China team’s structure, we are now looking to recruit a new team member to support our ongoing development in this region.
The role will be located in our Representative Office in Shanghai and will require someone who is fluent in Mandarin and English, with demonstrable business development skills and ideally with a learning and development background. Flexibility is key, as international travel and working across multiple time zones is essential to our success. Evening and weekend work may also be required.
WSET qualifications are at the heart of our development work so you should be a WSET Diploma Graduate or a current Diploma student who believes that quality and integrity are of the highest priority. You may also be a WSET Level 3 Award in Spirits graduate with experience of working in the Spirits industry.
Supporting our network of existing APPs as well as seeking out new development opportunities you will be responsible for Customer Relationship Management, Regional WSET Educator support and safeguarding the integrity of WSET qualifications. You will be expected to take an active role representing the WSET at trade fairs and events as well as attending networking events and meeting key industry contacts and opinion leaders. You will also use your market development experience and industry contacts to provide feedback and support to WSET’s Head Office in London.
If you believe that learning and development are the key to future success within the drinks industry and would like to be part of the dynamic growth of the WSET in China then please contact email@example.com for an application form with your CV attached. Please note requests should be made in English. CLOSING DATE: Friday 17 FEB 2023
Job Title: Business Development Manager China
Responsible to: Chief Representative – WSET China
Location: Shanghai, China
The Business Development Manager will play a key role in the WSET China team. Working closely with the Business Development Team members and the wider Asia Pacific team you will:
- Proactively develop and support WSET’s network of Approved Programme Providers ensuring that annual growth targets are met and exceeded
- Assist in managing Business Development team resources, including personnel, to enhance both quality and quantity of output and customer service
- Ensure sound financial management operating within budgetary limits and the requirements of WSET China.
Key Result Areas
In line with the operational requirements of this role, the Key Result Areas will be primarily focused on but not limited to activities within Chinese Mainland.
Management and Training
- Line manage Business Development Advisor, setting objectives and providing appraisals, training, and support to ensure that they can carry out their roles effectively.
- Prioritise and allocate tasks within your region of responsibility to efficiently and effectively manage your team’s workload.
- Provide training to new and existing members of the Business Development teams as needed, including producing and coordinating training plans.
- Take responsibility for leading regular team meetings and ensuring all actions are completed as required
- Propose and manage all agreed budgets associated with your area responsibility, providing monthly reports on expenditure in line with development and tactical plans for review by Finance and Chief Representative of WSET China.
- Produce management information reports for all activities in your area of responsibility. Manage regional data and reporting to support business growth in line with targets and identify new business potential
- Produce monthly reports on a per region basis for your area of responsibility
- Analyse trends and development opportunities for implementation in your area of responsibility
- Provide feedback and recommendation to China and Central WSET teams.
- Establish and maintain financial records for all activities
Development and Implementation of WSET Activity Plans
- Support the Chief Representative to develop WSET’s annual Activity Plans for the Chinese Mainland
- Contribute to the creation and regular revisions of annual plans for your area of responsibility
- Manage implementation of agreed plans to develop regional markets and ensure annual growth targets are met
- Manage the monthly activity plan collection process
- Represent WSET at trade fairs in Chinese Mainland (and elsewhere as required)
- Working with the Head of Events for Tier 1 events and the wider Marketing Team for regional specific activity to enable WSET presence at regional trade fairs
- Manage WSET’s presence at trade fairs in your area of responsibility, including staffing and resource requirements in collaboration with the Head of Events and the China team
- Produce briefs and complete trade fair summary reports in line with Marketing guidelines and analyse outcomes for future participation
- Identify and implement new opportunities and regional events, building relationships with organisers to promote WSET and establish a WSET presence
- Raise profile of WSET in China within industry by:
- Attending trade fair and events
- Identifying opportunities for events to enhance WSET’s market presence and managing effective implementation
- Delivering masterclasses and speaking at conferences
- Judging in wine/spirit/sake competitions
- Seeking sponsorship opportunities for WSET and implementing (with marketing support as required)
- Managing and Supporting regional WSET Alumni activity in collaboration with the Alumni Engagement Manager
- Support local marketing initiatives by:
- Recommending local marketing initiatives for WSET activity in your area of responsibility for consideration by China BD team, Marketing team and Chief Representative of WSET China.
- Implementing agreed plans with support from China and Central Marketing teams
- Supporting completion of all pre and post activity reports in line with marketing guidelines
- Support charity initiatives, cultural exchange activities and public welfare programmes
- Develop the marketing strategy and plan for charity initiatives, cultural exchange activities and public welfare programmes
- Manage the development and allocation of resources
- Support the execution of the above initiatives and activities
Safeguarding the Integrity of WSET Qualification
- Support the delivery of WSET qualifications across the region
- Manage all enquiries for potential applicants and allocate tasks within the team as required
- Maintain records of customer relationship management
- Manage and provide in-market development support for APP applicants
- Manage and provide ongoing support for our existing network of APPs
- Liaise with local APPs to ensure course delivery adheres to WSET quality criteria
- Contribute to the development and revision of application procedures
- Support and deliver WSET Educator Training Programmes (ETP)
- Identify regional ETP demand and liaise with ETP Manager to ensure opportunities to meet this demand are realised
- Support local administration and facilitation of ETP courses in China
- Undertake the role of Observer within WSET’s ETP Programme under the guidance of the ETP Manager
- Deliver ETP sessions as required to ensure regional courses are effectively facilitated
- Provide guidance and support as appropriate for ETP applicants
- Provide feedback as required to the ETP Manager and the Global ETP Team
- Facilitate delivery of WSET qualification courses to develop new market potential
- Liaise with local market APPs to enable regional course delivery
- Teach WSET qualification courses where no local APPs are available to support regional growth potential
- Provide teaching development support for APPs to maintain quality of delivery and support growth in candidate numbers
- Actively support and maintain Quality Assurance in delivery and maintenance for all aspects of WSET Qualifications
- Manage provision of guidance to APPs to support their compliance with Quality Assurance requirements in collaboration with China QA team
- Manage completion of agreed APP review visits within your area of responsibility
- Attend examinations as required to ensure regulations are followed and the integrity of WSET qualifications is maintained
- Review the quality of delivery at APPs and particularly in instances of poor examination results providing solutions for improvement as required
- Support the Quality Assurance team in any investigation where the quality and integrity of WSET qualifications are at risk
- As an integral member of the wider WSET team:
- You will provide feedback and reports on WSET Qualifications and systems to ensure the future development of the WSET
- Use your language skills to support the Academic Team and Marketing where requested to ensure the successful operation of our business
- You may be requested to represent WSET China by participating in inter-departmental working parties
- You are expected to contribute to the overall successful operation of WSET by undertaking such other tasks as may from time to time be requested
- You are expected to operate within agreed budgets and financial guidelines provided by WSET
Skills and competencies
- WSET Level 4 Diploma, current Diploma student or Level 3 Award in Spirits is required
- Sound business acumen, preferably in market orientation, financial acumen, strategic thinking and data analysis
- Experience in a line management position and evidence of sound leadership skills
- Good level of numeracy and literacy with the ability to accurately cut through detail
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Proficiency in Mandarin and English required
- Proven ability to operate within budgets and in line with financial guidance provided by company policy
- Must be eligible to live and work in Shanghai
- Recent project management experience in China
- Demonstrable customer service experience
- Teaching, training, and presentation experience, especially experience in teaching WSET qualifications
- For the effective performance of this role, international travel is a requirement. Applicants must be able and willing to travel.
- Personal integrity and authority to maintain WSET criteria and standards when working with customers
- Well organized and exercising meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills especially when dealing with different languages and cultures
- Ability to handle conflict and differing stakeholder demands
- Sound planner who anticipates issues, prioritises, makes decisions and can work to deadlines
- Calm, responsive and creative approach to problem-solving
- A self-starter with the enthusiasm to take ownership of business growth
- Can make tough decisions and have courageous conversations
DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned, at any time. Applicants must have the right to live and work in Shanghai.